Friday, February 5, 2016

Revelations

     These last few weeks have been a serious journey in my physical, mental, and spiritual body. I have a sense of peace today, which I have not had in many days. I have been fighting the enemy every day, At times it seemed like every minute of the day I was under attack.

     I have been just trying to drown myself in the Word, in books, sermons, Bible classes, trying to get every single piece of insight I can for my life. I have been fasting and praying, until I'd wake up on my sofa, having fallen asleep listening to Dr. Charles Stanley, who I completely love for what I have learned listening to his sermons on YouTube, and I'm not even Baptist. :)

     So, what have I learned? Read Colossians. Just read the whole book, there's not sense is not reading the whole thing because if you don't, God is just going to send people in one way or another to have a word for you from the Lord from Colossians. ;)

This is a really great prayer for you or anyone you know. It pretty much covers everything from Salvation to knowing the will of God. I love this one. I can only hope that people pray this for me.

 Colossions 1:9-14

We have not stopped praying for you since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you complete knowledge of his will and to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 Then the way you live will always honor and please the Lord, and your lives will produce every kind of good fruit. All the while, you will grow as you learn to know God better and better.11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with all his glorious power so you will have all the endurance and patience you need. May you be filled with joy,[c]12 always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light. 13 For he has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of his dear Son,14 who purchased our freedom[d] and forgave our sins.

I have my own version of this prayer, written as Prayer for Derek, if you want to take a look at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment